This is part 1 of a 2-part series on YouTube audience marketing:
- Part 1 – [You Are Here] – What is YouTube Audience Marketing?
- Part 2 – How to Get Started with YouTube audience marketing in 60 Minutes or Less
Are you in the dark about YouTube marketing?
Well, you’re not alone.
By the end of this article, you’ll know what all the scuttlebutt is about and why YouTube plays a big part of todays online marketing strategy. If you’re not using YouTube by now or are not sure how to exactly use YouTube to grow or start an online business, then keep reading.
You’re about to discover how to profit from YouTube even if you’ve never made a video or don’t want to get on camera…
As you may know by know, YouTube is not new and flashy… but it is still very sexy and ripe for building a targeted audience around your target market.
Let’s explore a few ways on how you can strategically use YouTube to build your business, no matter what industry you’re in. But before we do that, you must understand that you need not be a savvy internet guru to take advantage and harness the hidden powers of YouTube and video marketing.
How do people make money from YouTube anyway?
When you boil it down, there are two main ways to really build a business and profit by using YouTube.
- #1 You make videos about anything really. It can be funny stuff or something you’re really passionate about, and you build an audience. People will start to subscribe to your YouTube channel and start to watch your videos each time you put a new one out. The way you monetize your videos (how you actually make money) are by ads. You become a YouTube partner. then you enable ads in the backend of your account and YouTube will start to place ads within and or next to your videos. Have you ever seen those in-stream ads that you have to skip? Yeah, those. When people watch those ads or click on them, you get paid! The downside to this way of making money off YouTube is that you need a lot of views to make a considerable amount of income that you can actually live off of.
Here’s a exceptional example of this in play right now…
Have you ever heard of PewDiePie?
Yes it’s true. He made about $12 million in a single year from getting millions of views on his YouTube videos.
Again, this case is the typical “results may vary” case but there are tens of thousands of other no-name YouTubers that are raking in a fortune with YouTube, and I happen to be one of them. The 2nd way, is a much better way to secure yourself some of the action. Now of course I may be biased, but the proof is in the pudding.
- #2 The niche audience way. Actually, this is how PewDiePie did it. But he became a YouTube partner and makes the bulk of his money with ads. Getting paid by advertisers and splitting the commission with YouTube. He started his whole empire by making stupid videos with himself playing video games. Yep.
But let’s say you hate video games but you love cooking, or working out, or cars, or you have some sort of specialized knowledge that you would like to get out to the world. Do you see where I am going with this? You start with what you love, what you’re passionate about and you create videos around this topic and share it to the world!
How fun right? But remember I said you need to get a lot of views to really make any money with the YouTube Ad Partner program? Well, if you know how to position yourself in the market, you can make a ton of money by actually selling your own products and services.
Example, say you love cooking. You start a YouTube channel about cooking… you make your most amazing dishes by home recording them and uploading to YouTube… People start to find your videos, then they like it, share them and also subscribe to your channel. Well what if you had your own simple website hooked up to the mix?
Now, people will be flooding over to your site from all of the views that you get on YouTube and you’ll automatically have a certain percent of people who will naturally want to buy in to your membership program, your video course, your ebook, or all of them.
This is how you can carve out and build a very large fortune on YouTube. By selling your own stuff. In fact, I’m putting on a free 90 minute online training that will teach you all of this and more. Register here for my next online event. You’ll be happy that you did. Again, this is a live event so make sure to be there with a notepad and paper because this is really exciting stuff.
The Facts You Should Not Ignore…
- Everyday users like you and I collectively upload over 6 billion hours of video to YouTube every month, and that number is growing.
- One billion users visit YouTube every month, and growing.
- The average time a person spends watching videos on YouTube is 40 minutes.
- The average time one single video is viewed is 4 minutes and 20 seconds which means, short, content rich, and interesting video still rules the day on the mega platform.
So how can you use YouTube to build a huge online presence for yourself and your company, even if you’re completely new?
Start creating content rich video.
And yes I know, that sounds easier said than done. That’s why I decided to put on a special free online training to show you exactly how to build a massive following on YouTube to sell your products and services.
…What if you don’t have your own digital products?, or are not sure what service based online business you want to get into?
YouTube is the largest video search engine in the world.
My personal story: How I started out of my mothers garage with short 5 minute home made videos that I uploaded to YouTube in my spare time…
In fact you can register to a free training here to learn more about it.